Watching people on Television or reading about them in Newspapers, many of us want to do something big. We crave a lot of things and we too dream a lot, which is just another unrealistic activity of our mind. As a result creates a thought and leaves everything else upon us to achieve great things in life. Are you ready to accomplish it or you a genius ?
How to Achieve Great things in Life?
In contrast, below are 3 easy steps, which may help you to achieve great things in life.
1. Look Around – Find Something Amazing
Not the regular tasks, think beyond your day-to-day work, something which excites you, boosts self-confidence and makes difference in your living. Yes, something you would like to do for self, without anyone’s concern.
You will sleep with the thought, that you will wake up in morning to do something amazing. Whereas if you plan to work in night, then you will prepare your day accordingly and wrap up everything by evening.
Already excites you, then why wait, start looking for it.
2. Isolate Yourself – Do Something Amazing
This is a crucial step of, to do something amazing, as it holds the action key. This point itself has two sub points and they are as under:
- Take out time for yourself. You are the controller of your life time. So, take out some of it from the busy schedule, for something amazing – 30 minutes is good to start up with whereas 2-3 hours, or may be 5, is more than enough (unless you are building a Titanic Ship). Are we good? Now, fix the amount of time each day and make sure that it is not affected by the other tasks. Seriously, if you can do this, then you are half-way there. 😉
- Furthermore, you know how precious is your time, so ALL-CLEAR your distractions. Certainly, switch off the mobile phones, quit the instant messengers or email clients, Facebook or Instagram. Yes, sign-off from the Facebook, no matter how high the urge is. Be honest to the people around and tell them that you will be away for an hour or two for some important development project. (They will respect you, believe me).
Is it starting to make sense now? Now we know why it needs to isolate self, because you do not get disturbed and the focus is better. Meanwhile, external forces will try to distract you continuously, as the urges are part of addictions. These urges may take some time to pass, so iron yourself. Meditate by practicing OM word, or just relax and lay down for sometime. As soon as it passes away, continue with amazing work, till you achieve it.
3. Time Out – Don’t Stress Out, Take some Rest
Hah! I learned this term, Time Out from a basketball coach. It is an intentional break taken by the coach for players to avoid fatigue and purge the stress. Moment they flush the stress, their focus revives after the Time Out session. Likewise, you have to play well in the game of life where the mind is your coach. Yes, take a break and enjoy achieving great things in life. And if you have achieved it completely, then you must celebrate! Yes, the way you did after graduating the first degree. The catch is to distract yourself from the urges like using Facebook, Email Clients, or checking Mobile Phones for Notifications.
Key is to reward yourself and enjoy the moment, that you have done Something Amazing and feel proud that you did something which you always wanted to. 😉
Are we done ?
Yes, only if you repeat the above steps 1,2,3, till you celebrate your day.
But, that wasn’t the only thing you had in your list, keep looking for more and keep listing them down. (For instance, you may want to see my life list, click here)